Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Celebrity Color Wheel

Recently, Pinterest has been added to the list of "Things I do instead of what I should be doing." Behind cupcakes, the women's apparel section of Pinterest is where I spend most of my screen time. Seeing so many celebrity-inspired fashion choices influenced me to write this blog post about the celebrity color wheel.

Whenever I am feeling bold or interested in rocking a new color, I turn to my good friend google and see how the celebs do it. 99% of celebs have a professional style them before they hit the red carpet, so they aren't likely to show up on google looking a mess. I take from these photos the dos and don'ts of pairing colors and patterns together, makeup choices and of course, hairstyles.

There are particular celebrities that come to mind when I think of certain colors. Below are the people who are the most iconic in my mind!

1. HOT PINK- Blake Lively
Though this girl drives me to drink every Monday on Gossip Girl, I can't deny that her style choices are impeccable. I read somewhere recently that she doesn't use a stylist. Exsqueeze me? Good for you girl. This neon pink dress is outstanding.

2. YELLOW - Carrie Underwood
I love everything about Carrie Underwood from her killer pipes to her cute little dog. I will never be tan enough to wear yellow confidently, so when I see others doing it well, I feel it necessary to applaud them.



3. LAVENDER- Natalie Portman
This chick was less-than-friendly when I met her last year, but I still give her props for this awesome light purple number.





4. NAVY- Hilary Swank
Business in the front, party in the back.



5. PEACH - Emma Stone
Even though she blends in with the color, her bright hair is so striking! I love that you have to look twice at it to really see what's going on.


                                       

6. GOLD - Kristin Cavallari
Love gold with bright hair. Always looks good. In my case, only if you have a mystic tan nearby.

7. GREEN - Beyonce
I love love love the green against her dark skin. Bright green is hard to pull off!



                            

8. RED - Reese Witherspoon
I think blondes look the best in a bright red and she is no exception. Love her.






9. BLACK - Angelina Jolie

This one takes the cake for me. I love the pairing with the green earrings. I think it's so easy to do. I should do it more often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment